I have been in the "tech for good" space since 2008 in a variety of digital marketing roles.
I started my tech career managing a static HTML website, implementing an email marketing program with Constant Contact, and setting up organizational social media accounts.
I have since served as project manager, layout and UI designer, and professional web developer. I worked with nonprofits for over a decade, and now I work in state government and specialize in front-end web development and digital accessibility.
Government Information Center, Delaware Department of State: February 2020 - present
I am a long-term contract front-end developer and digital accessibility specialist. Projects include:
- Delaware state website accessibility project
- Delaware COVID-19 information website project
- Delaware.gov website homepage project
- Delaware City website project
Dudnyk: September 2019 - January 2020
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia: January 2017 - September 2019
This was my first full-time role as a professional developer. For more information about it, view the website project that I was involved in.
Full-Time Freelancing: June 2016 - January 2017
I wanted to become a full-time professional developer in the WordPress space, so I took the leap and went into business for myself.
Ultimately, I had to close my doors after seven months due to the operation not being financially sustainable. However, I did accomplish the following:
- Did contract customer support for an agency who built off-the-shelf WordPress themes and custom sites for clients using the Genesis Framework
- Did contract post website launch maintenance work for a health and wellness company
- Helped a membership association with maintenance for a newly-launched WordPress multisite network website
- Learned Bootstrap and git version control using Beanstalk
PMI Educational Foundation: March 2007 - y June 2016
I started as a scholarship program administrator and administrative assistant. In March 2008, I was given the responsibility of managing the static HTML website, and that is how my tech career started. View more information about this website project.