Front-End Developer Specializing in Accessibility and WordPress
I started my tech career in 2008 when I managed my organization's static HTML website.
I have since played the roles of digital marketing manager, project manager, layout designer, and front-end developer.
I spent over a decade in the nonprofit world, made a brief stop in pharma marketing, and am now in state government building accessible WordPress websites.
Government Information Center, Delaware Department of State
I joined the Government Information center as a web developer one month before the pandemic hit. I became the layout designer and lead developer for the Delaware Coronavirus information website. I have also done front-end development and accessibility work for other Delaware state websites.
Lead Developer Work
Contributing Developer Highlights
- Office of Governor John Carney
- Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families
- Department of Labor
- Accessibility auditing and remediation for all sites that we manage
- Building a pattern library to use on current projects and as part of a future design system
- Converting WordPress websites from the classic editor to Gutenberg and building the pattern library using Gutenberg blocks
I made a brief stop here in a contract front-end developer role working with pharmaceutical clients who specialized in treating rare diseases.
I worked on static HTML websites for drug launches, email templates, and Google banner ads.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
This was my first full-time role as a professional developer. I was the technical project manager for the development of the redesigned website in collaboration with an external agency.
Once the site was launched, I was the lead developer and content manager for it as well as the email marketing manager.
- Configured Gravity Forms to use for event registration and donation forms
- Built a digital annual report using Zurb Foundation and responsive email newsletter templates using Zurb Foundation for Emails
- Set up Google Analytics and configured regular marketing reports for executives
- Set up email templates and marketing funnels in HubSpot
The Project Management Institute Educational Foundation
This was the first job where I had marketing and technical responsibilities. I managed and made edits to the static HTML website.
When the website was redesigned and redeveloped in Sitecore CMS, I was the content migration lead and staff technical expert. Once it launched, I became the content manager for it.
- Set up social media accounts
- Set up Constant Contact and built email newsletter templates
- Set up Google Analytics and configured regular marketing reports for leadership
- Built and managed online scholarship applications
I Am Currently Using
- WordPress and the Modern Tribe Events Calendar plugin
- VoiceOver screenreader, WebAim WAVE, ANDI, and Axe DevTools
- Figma and Photoshop
I Have Experience With
- WooCommerce and Gravity Forms WordPress plugins
- Constant Contact, MailChimp, and HubSpot
- Sitecore CMS